Saturday, 19 July 2014

The Chronicler

Welcome to my blog!

I'm a fairly newish blogger, or at least in my own opinion. I first started out writing Khanid Kataphract last year, for EVE Online. That blog is still continuing, at least for now, but I hope to eventually move fully over to this blog.

Kataphract was very much a PvP-centric blog, and started as a means for me to develop my skills as a pilot in Faction Warfare. It was also an exercise in role-play, as I wrote everything from the perspective of a pilot in that universe.

However, such a style and theme did have its limitations. There were times I ached to write a piece on some esoteric out of game mechanic, or present an opinion on something completely out of the field of Faction Warfare. Rather than re-invent that blog, I've decided to start again with this one, with a much more broad scope.

Pathfinder was not my first tabletop RPG. But when I came across it, I instantly fell in love with the Pathfinder Chronicler prestige class. The very definition of the wandering scribe,an explorer of any and all that was of interest.

A little digging into the lore of the class revealed core edicts that struck so closer to my personal ideals than any set of cleric commandments.

Explore. Report. Cooperate.

Which pretty much summed up the Arcani Oath I created for my Eve character to follow. I am a teacher by trade, and I sincerely believe the only reason to seek knowledge is to share it with the world at large.

I love connecting dots, and lifting the hood on the world, laying all bare. I instinctively map these mysteries, and strive to make the spaghetti of data comprehensible to any who'd like to know. This blog will be dedicated to sharing information, and divulging tips and tricks.

Of course, all the mechanical fascinations in the world would mean little without the human drama to accompany it. What lute-hearted bard could pass up on the chance to tell tall tales of daring do, and doleful don'ts!

This is what I hope to do with this blog. Bring light to the more esoteric mechanics of the online worlds we love, and link them to their relevance in the weaving of politics and relations of the people that drive them

PvP, PvE, politics, crafting, harvesting, trade... all will be fair game.

Some might call this a broad spectrum. Perhaps too broad. We'll see!

Welcome again. I hope you find something useful!

No comments:

Post a Comment